Monday, September 1, 2014

Posessed?

Every once in a great while, I will get into a cleaning mood.

I don't mean just dusting and sweeping up a bit. I mean I get into a cleaning frenzy. I move furniture and scrub walls and cabinets, slide the oven out and clean the sides, all but remove the flooring. That kind of frenzy.

I'm Southern Baptist. I don't believe as some religions do about demonic possession and such. I do believe for there to be a God then there is a Devil. There is evil in the world. Real evil.

But there is also good.

My mother-in-law passed away several years ago. She drove me crazy. She was a "demon" as far as her cleaning and her house was always just so, no matter what.

I think God gives her a pass once a month and lets her come down and possess me. That's the day I go nuts cleaning.

She was a good woman and I did love her. And as far as mother-in-laws go and all the horror stories you hear about them, I had a great one.

I was just thinking about this as I was cleaning the cabinet doors and scrubbing around the base boards in my kitchen a bit ago.

Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment